International Innovation 4.0 Forum
A great success for the first edition (2019)
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
"Très bon succès pour ce premier Forum"
- Marco Blouin, Director, Science and Innovation Sector Ministry of Economy and Innovation - Quebec (MEI)
“It was a real pleasure to support the Innovation 4.0 Network on this great cause and adventure that has been launched to support industry and Montreal universities”
- Jim Vounassis, Chief Operating Officer, Bombardier Transportation
"Very good first Innovation 4.0 Forum with a nice mix of industry, government and academic. Recommend more active students participation, and specially from colleges .To build on this momentum and success, this Forum should be held annually"
- Eric Schaeffer, Senior Managing Director, Global Industrial & Products Industry X.0, Accenture, France
"Congratulations to the team in charge, for spotless organization of the event and the nice blending of participants between academics, students, government & industries. It was a very good experience and I collected many contacts that we will further explore in the following weeks"
- Thierry Chevalier, DDMS Chief Technologist, Airbus
"Enjoyed the variety of topics and speakers . Recommend more interaction, parallel sessions and workshops"
- Ljiljana Stojanovic , Head, Smart Factory, Fraunhofer, Germany
"Thanks for putting on such a great event with a large turn-out! Good attendance and participation - Need more emphasis on the long term futuristic challenges facing the industry"
- Michael Nager, Business Development Manager, Festo Didactic
"J’aimerais vous féliciter pour l’organisation de l’événement. Il était de très grande qualité et bien réussit sur toute la ligne."
- Sylvain Durocher, Director Advanced Manufacturing, Investissement Québec
"Great and diverse line up of speakers. It’s amazing to see the progress that has been done over the last few years on industry 4.0 in Quebec. This forum is a great opportunity to take advantage of the Quebec digital eco system."
- Katherine Schmidt, Head of Materials and Advanced Manufacturing Innovation, Siemens Canada Aero Derivative Gas Turbines, Montréal
"Bravo pour cette belle réussite et merci encore pour l’opportunité de présenter devant beaucoup de participants."
- Lyne Dubois, CEO, CRIQ
"Très beau forum ou on avait un beau mélange d'étudiant, d'académique et de monde des affaire. À poursuivre."
- Yves Proteau, President, APN
The First International Innovation 4.0 Forum, organized by the Innovation 4.0 Network, was held on November 6, 2019 at the Palais des congrès in Montréal.
Featuring some thirty knowledgeable speakers, the Forum represented an opportunity for the 440 attendees to learn more about the national and global perspectives of Industry 4.0 and the implementation of technologies required for its deployment.
Presenters included Éric Schaeffer, the author of two books on Industry 4.0 and the reinvention of products, along with senior executives from Bombardier Transport, Airbus, Siemens, General Electric, Microsoft, Ciena, Festo and Fraunhofer, among others. Delegations from Mexico and France also took part in the event.
Bombardier (Jim Vounassis)
Siemens (Katherine Schmidt)
Student (Polytechnique Montréal)